So the first round of meat and soup from my Bone Broth has became my “Cornish Hen & Vegetable Soup” for my 2 senior dogs (both 11 years old). I just simply added some vegetables to the soup and meat and cook for 30 minute to an hour. I also put dry oregano, marjoram and turmeric in it as well.
How I Cook Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- First I heat the pan with about 1 table spoon of Organic Coconut Oil.
- Put in vegetables (I used Kale, Carrots, Celery, Daikon, Zucchini) and dry herbs in the pan and saute about 5 min or so.
- Put in soup and meat. Added about a cup of water (if you feel like there’s not enough liquid) and keep boiling.
- Once it begin to boil, change to low heat and put cover. Cook for about 30 minute to an hour.
- When it’s time to serve, I add small amount of rice in this soup along with some supplements. They LOVE it.
I have tried raw food for my dogs but it didn’t work well for “C” as he has liver issue (Microvascular Dysplasia). It’s too much of a protein for him to handle. So this soup has been doing him really good.
Latest posts by CPmom (see all)
- Tribute to my brave and loving dog (2004-2017) - February 1, 2018
- Fermented food for your dogs & cats – Answers™ Pet Food - December 4, 2017
- Fermented Fish Stock for Senior Dog in need of kidney support - September 6, 2017